What have you done to your XS today?

Just a general observation Adam.... with everything you've encountered and done posted in a generic thread everyone posts in, it's almost impossible to look back through and see what's been done. Perhaps you should move all this to your build thread?
@gggGary
@Travis
You guys seem to be the 'admin' gurus here. How do I move my posts to my build thread as Jim suggested?
Cheers
Ads.

@gggGary
@Travis
You guys seem to be the 'admin' gurus here. How do I move my posts to my build thread as Jim suggested?
Cheers
Ads.
Start a build thread put a tag on every post you want to move there let me know, and I'll move posts for you
tag all posts you want to move exactly the same; something like acbuild, just edit and add it as a last line of the post.
then I can easily find and move the posts.
acbuild

Start a build thread put a tag on every post you want to move there let me know, and I'll move posts for you
tag all posts you want to move exactly the same; something like acbuild, just edit and add it as a last line of the post.
acbuild
OK cheers Gary

acbuild
Hello @gggGary
Sorry to create this work for you; no rush.
My build thread is: https://www.xs650.com/threads/welsh-flat-track-revival.60449/
I have tagged all my posts in 'What have you done to your XS650' thread from post #12249 to move with: ACBUILD
as the last line after edit.
Thanks as always
Ads.

Just checked out JP's links for replacement new & used TCI units
I :poo: my pants when I clicked the links!

CMS.PNG

TCI 1.PNG

€924.00 for new one plus shipping!!

TCI 2.PNG

$500 bucks for a used one with no guarantee its not faulty!!!

I'm going down the GONZO route for now; and get my TCI unit refurbished for about £30.00

Keep searching Fleabay Adam, they come up from time to time at much less money than that. Like maybe 50 quid.

As for me, today I balanced the carbs and wish I'd done this a long time ago. Soooooo much smoother, and got rid of the tickover stumbling on the right side. I'm happy :)

View attachment 246204
Nice job on the balancing Cliff.
I'm going to contact the guy you sent me for the refurb on the TCI.
Also try the GONZO method as a get by.
Ads.

Nice job on the balancing Cliff.
I'm going to contact the guy you sent me for the refurb on the TCI.
Also try the GONZO method as a get by.
Ads.
Soon as you and Gary get your thread squared away Adam, I'll post some gonzo info for you.
While not my first choice, the little Suzuki box makes for a nice little get home/troubleshooting box.

Noted that there was not much oil leak, and tires had enough air...took the old gal out for a blast 'round the village and bought a gallon of diesel for the shop...there is a bit more oil leak aft of the primary gearcase area... I'll think about it... She woke right up quite brightly, but I really havta dial the flatslides. Not that it matters past idle. It's long been habit/policy to add a bit of 2 stroke oil and stabilizer to the bike and implement engines round the digs. Can't say it's made any difference, but it made me feel better, and it didn't hurt. I can say that a touch of oil sorta prevents icing, like the ice doesn't cake much. Not that icing is a scooter problem. I need to buy a modern electronic tach... fix the oil leaks... and the bendix is doing what they all do...so that too.

I'll do it when the Evo is off the scissortable and outta the shop...given my age, maybe a couple of years from now. Meantime, I can live with the old bitch and her rebellions.

I had no idea that the TCI units were so spendy! I'll have to inventory mah treasure!

Best! 40N

20230704_144758.jpg

Got the right hand cover off and pulled the clutch pack. The phillips head screws that held the springs on were under tight pressure and of course I stripped the last one! I got it off with the help of the dremmal. Does anyone know if they make a hex head replacement set?

Attachments

• 20230704_150539.jpg
    20230704_150539.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 25
Back