xs charge

you have to go points or pamco, the stock electronic ignition does not work with any pma setup. Go with hugh's kit, like you said, he is proven, and his customer service is the best in the business.

I'm gonna go ahead and mention this thread: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12409

I'm not one to bash on another vendor or send any negative responses, but this feller really took me for granted and used my help and tech against me. He was just asking 2-3 weeks ago how to wire up a regulator for these kits on the ChopCult, so I doubt he will be providing much customer service or tech help.

And yes, I appreciate competition, it convinced me to get on the ball with some serious vendors and do a major cash buy-in so I could drop my prices even lower to compete - after all, the customer is more important to me than the cash in my pocket. I wouldn't be where I am today without ya'll... :bike:

I dropped $70.00 off of my kits and still include free shipping in the US in order to compete, and with very high quality/proven parts and tech service :thumbsup:

http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/2011/07/complete-pma-kits-cheaper-than-ever.html

But, do your own research and see what works for you, I try really hard not to be a salesman, as I'd rather see folks make an educated decision when they are spending their hard earned money...

just took a look at the site... I noticed his pricing is a little skewed.

$294 for kit
$285 for all parts purchased separately

WTF?! :wtf: almost $10 for instructions?

Ok, so the other guy is 30 bucks cheaper than Hugh. Personally for $30 I would rather purchase from a guy that has spent countless hours of offering free tech advice, innovative parts for our bikes, great customer service and continually contributes to the forum to make it better than it already is. I have stolen so many of Hugh's ideas for my personal rides it is ridiculous. Although I am still awaiting the results for the 8 pack clutch mod (which may be my next idea ripped off from Hugh) Those reasons I have listed means more to me than a whopping 30 bucks. Just my two cents, but I say support a fellow forum member. He will not disappoint.

Bumping this to the top for Hugh. Yeah,that Rick Price guy's ethics reminds me of a place i used to work at that did the same thing(copying someone else's product/design).It really ticked me off.I will also be using Hugh's kit in the near future.Competition is good i agree,but come up with your OWN friggin' idea/product! Hugh da man!

Bumping this to the top for Hugh. Yeah,that Rick Price guy's ethics reminds me of a place i used to work at that did the same thing(copying someone else's product/design).It really ticked me off.I will also be using Hugh's kit in the near future.Competition is good i agree,but come up with your OWN friggin' idea/product! Hugh da man!

Sorry dude, Hugh did not come up with the PMA idea, he has mentioned that on this site previously & given Kudos to the guys in Australia & Europe who have been doing it for a long time. Hugh has taken the PMA conversion to the masses & offered a one stop kit (which I purchased) for easy install, it also saves time chasing down individual parts. The amount of R&D he has done with his own rides says a lot to me about the guy.
P.S. check out the Australian XS650 website, some good tech articles on rephasing & PMA installs along with other things - worth a read.

Cheers.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Uh "dude",er,Hotdog,please re-read my post.I did not state that Hugh came up with the PMA idea at all.I was referring to his product,i.e. the adapter plate and his own kit,so what is your point? To try to make me look ignorant and you the "superior"? Whatever.And as for "checking out" the Australian XS650 site,why don't you check it out yourself? If you are a member there please read the newsletters.There you will find mention of my "Swamp Thing"xs and also an article about my friend David Rayner's recent visit to my shop while he was here in the States.So,yes,i am aware of that site thank you.Cheers.K.J.

Uh "dude",er,Hotdog,please re-read my post.I did not state that Hugh came up with the PMA idea at all.I was referring to his product,i.e. the adapter plate and his own kit,so what is your point? To try to make me look ignorant and you the "superior"? Whatever.And as for "checking out" the Australian XS650 site,why don't you check it out yourself? If you are a member there please read the newsletters.There you will find mention of my "Swamp Thing"xs and also an article about my friend David Rayner's recent visit to my shop while he was here in the States.So,yes,i am aware of that site thank you.Cheers.K.J.

Actually... the adapter plate that XS charge is selling is copied after the MrRiggs adapter... not Hughs. Hugh doesn't even have an issue with the guy wanting to sell parts of any kind even if its direct competition. His issue is with the fact that the guy bought his kit, then asked a ton of tech questions, just so that he could then offer his own kit to compete with Hugh's.

I like Hugh's products, Hugh himself is great guy, and offers up more info on his stuff than almost anyone in the industry... its great info to have, but I think he shot himself in the foot in this case.

The MrRiggs adapter is a beautiful piece, even though you'll never see it. I'd bet that Rick Price is making more money on his kits than Hugh is too. There isn't really a $30 price difference either when you consider that Hugh's is free shipping, and XS charge is not.

I like Hugh's products, Hugh himself is great guy, and offers up more info on his stuff than almost anyone in the industry... its great info to have, but I think he shot himself in the foot in this case.

I wish I had shot myself in the face honestly. This feller was very sneaky in his approach of the situation, and even after a very reasonable phone conversation about the situation was less than amicable. Oh well.

I walk a fine line, do I provide excellent customer service and tech support only to get cheated, or do I just sell parts with no customer support at all (i.e. MikesXS) - I feel it is imperative to offer only the best products AND customer support/service in my efforts.

It sucks to be taken advantage of, but such is life. :doh: But, I will continue to do my best to keep the XS650 Community alive and happy while I am around, be it however brief :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think its clear your kindness was taken advantage of this time. Don't ever change Hugh... its a small world and I dont see Rick being around for long. I could make a list of the companies that failed due to poor customer service, but it would take too long. The only reason Mikes is still around is that they offer products that aren't available anywhere else... shame really.

Punkskalar, With you aproach to doing bussiness you are better for it. when the xs craze come to an end you are in a position, ( with your skills ), to out last the fly by nighters, like these rip off artists, and will have found some other worthwhile cause to satify your talents and give the punters a good service and product.:thumbsup:

I have been villafied before when commenting on the copy cats and ripoffs, with the comments that it is the, "American way" or they are "Entropenours" ( sorry no spell check)
when in fact they lack any form of decency or skills.

i wish a motherfucker would buy one of these brackets!
funny-animated-gifs-surprise-knockout.gif

PS- "XS Charge" sounds like a feminine problem.

If something's worth doing, it'll be copied. Just a fact of life.

Pump your brakes...I'm not attempting to make anyone look ignorant & I am far from superior, obviously a misinterpretation of your comment on my part.

Back