XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Disregard my reply in the PM Marty. This is who I was also talking about.
I banned both of them. I don’t get on FB all that often, but if y’all catch a scammer on the 650 Society FB page please alert me and I will put that user in the dumpster.

I have no illusions about the XLCR's performance (though it was billed as the fastest HD of that era) - I still want one:shootme:

I'm fortunate gggGary hasn't offered to store it until my garage addition is done (not a hint, just my bikeaholic brain at work):poke:
Storage offer made.
Free regular exercise to keep fresh tire surfaces ready for the master's touch.

Storage offer made.
Free regular exercise to keep fresh tire surfaces ready for the master's touch.
Ummm...I'm pretty sure those tires are the original 1977 RWL Dunlops Goodyears:eek:

Thank you sir - I'm trying my best to stay "on the wagon", but it's sat at $15K for a few days and an XLCR in that condition typically goes for $23-25K (not that I'd flip it) - still 5 2 days left......

Last edited:
Heated van transportation from Green Bay to TSOIR.
I would need this to sit and admire it.
1679271474349.png

Ummm...I'm pretty sure those tires are the original 1977 RWL Dunlops:eek:

Thank you sir - I'm trying my best to stay "on the wagon", but it's sat at $15K for a few days and an XLCR in that condition typically goes for $23-25K (not that I'd flip it) - still 5 2 days left......

Not my type Bike 57 hp ? but a rare HD in that condition ..
can get expensive ..last minute bidders kick in
Dont know the US market but seen more of BMW in Germany prices
Mint collector bikes can tocuh double the " normal " price. Guess ?? ..30 --- 34 k ???

https://www.yesterdays.nl/product/harley-davidson-1978-xlcr-cafe-racer-1000cc-2-cyl-ohv/

There were 1,923 produced in 1977, 1,201 produced in 1978,

Regarding that Norton 850, The Youtube channel "Bikes and Beards" bought a NOS in-the-crate 1975 Norton 850 Commando for $17k. This is his unboxing and starting video:

Looking into it a bit, it turns out there were 7 of these stored somewhere, all brand new in the crate. I wonder if the ebay listing was one of those.

I don't like the Saddle
I don't like the Front brake
There is 22 000 miles on the odometer A Norton can run Beautiful Mechanically but it can also rattle.
Hot Rodding Slow on the Oil changes and Warm up.
I would not pay 8 k without hear a cold start..
Normal Maintenance Normal rattle ( Wear ) sub 10 k

"Pin Setter" cafe bikes and was never so disappointed in my life
I finally read the comments on this XLCR and want to know if you are Oldwood on the BaT sight? He didn't like it either and bought it in Kansas City.

Back