Youtube Maintenance Videos

Mattx2

Build it, don't buy it!!
Reaction score
Where are they?

Theres a whole bunch of info on here and very few videos to support the text.

If we make videos of some of the things on here, it can give a visual aspect to the already helpful information. So in turn, less often asked questions. Plus if we make videos and upload them to Youtube, we can advertise the name of the site and get more riders to join. For Example: "Fork swap; supported by xs650.com", or "xs650 timing, brought to you by xs650.com." Or at least put the link to the site in the description, like, "More info on xs650's at xs650.com." Tons of people go on to Youtube to look for info and not find what they are looking for. So if we get some more videos of the maintenance side of the beautiful xs650, it will help a lot of people out, ya know? Next time you do something on the xs, whip out the camera and tape it. You just might help someone that cant read. :laugh:

Im not knocking the site, just trying to help make it that much better. :bike:

Anyone know where im coming from?

Great idea. I personally watch a ton of YouTube videos while at my boring ass job because it's one of the only websites that's not blocked. Would love to watch the vids and may be able to contribute come springtime.

I can see a dvd box set from 5twins and xsleo. If it takes off, maybe a cable tv show with guests like inxs and Pamco Pete.

I would pay a lot for any of them, but free youtube is better. I am a total visual learner. I can watch something once and then always repeat it the same way, but I have to read instructions very slowly, and many times, to get it. I think carb videos are a must!!!!!! I have learned a ton here, and thank everyone very much for their help and kindness, but videos are the way to go.

I agree 100% with Matxx2 that the videos would be great. I do better too with a visual. I have wondered for a long time why more people didn't post video's too. I have seen a wiring video on youtube of a guy wiring up a 650 and found it to be very helpful. There is many things that could be recorded that would benefit new owners and old alike. Just think, wouldn't it inspire confidence when taking on a lower end for the first time if you could watch it being done once by an ole pro who knows what their doing first. It would for me.
jefft

As I always say... "Beggars can't be choosers"... or was that "Rangers lead the way!"? No, no wait... it was uh... "Knock yourself out." Yup, that's the one!

Quick question. I saw an add for a XS650 wiring video for sale on 650motorcycles.com by Ken Maxwell, "The Yamaha 650 wiring explained". Has anyone got any imput on it? Good...bad...worth the money?

Quick question. I saw an add for a XS650 wiring video for sale on 650motorcycles.com by Ken Maxwell, "The Yamaha 650 wiring explained". Has anyone got any imput on it? Good...bad...worth the money?

I've had Ken's CD for sometime now and find it to be excellent and valueable. Very specific to the XS 650 and well worth it. A lot of time and effort obviously went into it's preparation.

Well worth the money to me! It enjoys a good reputation as does Ken. Spoken highly of among
Yamaha 650 Society members for years. Blue

I agree. Things like fork rebuild, along with tapered bearings, also one for swingarm bushings. Basic tune up, and valve adjustment, Oil filter mods to fix the blowout problem....The Mopar regulator/radio shack rectumfryer...All the basic problems a XS will give most eventually should be covered....Gee I hope I get a video camera for Christmas!!!!

I agree. I'm not so photogenic though! There IS a decent Pamco ignition install that I have seen. Maybe we need to link them in the tech section? With a "information used at your own risk" ?

If we got enough of these maintenance videos I'd be all for having a videos section in the tech page.

I agree. I'm not so photogenic though!

Have the work done by hot chicks in short shorts. Lots of bending over. It'll get views. The going rate for them is $20 for about four minutes, except sometimes on Monday.

Back