Youtube Maintenance Videos

Travis would they be hosted here or just linked?

Youtube, Google, Vimeo, and a few others do a good job with video streaming and management so I would probably just embed them into the page. Why do you ask?

If people wanted, the videos could be consolidated into one master xs650.com youtube account. :shrug:

What's the "arrow" mean on the post?

It's just the icon Mattx2 picked for the thread. Means nothing really.

I propose/agree that they are posted on YouTube. They will draw attention from non-members. If they are hosted on xs650.com - they won't have near the exposure as they would on YouTube. YouTube will also enable anyone to share the vids on other forums or via email without requiring a membership.

Posted via Mobile

I received a Canon video camera (HDR100) as a Christmas gift and would like to do some videos for whatever purpose but don't know much about how to convert the videos to another format so I can send them out to others etc.
I will be tearing down the top end of my 650 and would like to film the process. Can anyone recommend a video editor program like Nemo to purchase...one that is easy to navigate and edit? This is my first video camera and I want to get good at doing it. Please advise.
Thanks,
flyboy

Camtasia Studio is pretty easy to use to edit videos. It's like windows movie maker but better because it does HD movies and has a few more features. The trail only lasts 30 days thought then it costs a couple hundred bucks for the full version. :(

Yeah Travis, I looked at that too but the $$$ scared me off. Looking for something around $75-$100 range.

Yeah I hear ya... didn't the video camera come with some software that will let you edit HD videos?

Camtasia studio is pretty nice, but I haven't figured out how to transition clips smoothly. Windows Movie Maker is normally preinstalled on any windows machine, but not sure if it does HD or not.

I think the Canons record in a proprietary format that requires you to use the supplied software. I found this video on converting those to AVI. That would be your best bet for more options to edit your videos.

As far as sharing videos, YouTube would be easiest. You can set permissions on videos that you upload where only people with a direct link or possibly even a password can view. Or you can make them public viewable too. You can just email a link and don't have to worry about compressing the video to fit in an email or hosting on your own.

Posted via Mobile

Yes, it came with Pixela but it loads on my computer as a .mts format with no way of changing it to save any other kind of format such as .wmp etc.

hi guys,, where abouts do i go to get the you tube style maintenance in setting timing and points please ..as somwbody has said ,,i did punch it in to google and i think there was about 40000.... read ups but no actual movie or similar on setting points on a xs650 regards oldbiker

I think Oldbiker brings up a good point. If people do begin to make videos for the 650 on youtube or whatever, there should be a title or label that is the same for all. If they are all the same, with different subjects lines, they will be easier to find and will be grouped together instead of all over the place.

Example: XS650.com-Timing, XS650.com-Brakes, ect.

Just a thought. There are a couple videos out there by the same person, parts 1,2,3, of the same subject, but they are all titled differently. Pain in the butt to find.

I agree! These videos could be an invaluable reference source for 650 owners and many of the topics would be applicable to a wide range of machines at least as a basic overview of the topic. I've seen the Pamco installation videos and found them to be mostly well done and easy to follow and understand. More quality stuff like those would be very useful and would also enhance the 650 Forum's reputation and help attract new members.

The problem with videos on YouTube is the people that upload them. Many times, people will not title the videos properly and won't put a description or tags. The search bar on YouTube searches in all these fields. Example - if a video is titled "XS650.com - Adjust points" and then a description "This video shows the proper way to adjust ignition points on a Yamaha XS650" and also tags with "yamaha xs650 points adjust timing ignition maintenance", it will be very easy to find.

It's the videos that are titled "DSC4501.mov" and have the same thing in the description and tag fields are the ones that are impossible to find.

There definately needs to be a fairly standardized method of identifying the videos for it to be successful.

Posted via Mobile

Travis I really don't know anything about posting videos. It was the most intelligent question I could think to ask to start learning.

I'm sure I missed some. But this is gleaned from the first 21 pages of hits for the XS650 on youtube. I didn't watch these so not sure of the content......

carbs

wiring/electric

motor

Swingarm stretch mod

Triple tree Virago replacement forks (this may be 2 parts didn't see the other)

valve adjustment

Back