Anyone else thinking of finding, buying an electric bike?

I want this E-bike carrier.
267356606_10160355274703623_9179940947113408342_n.jpg

I’ve ridden a zero and electric is the future, good stuff.
When I worked at AEE Choppers early 70’s we had a mini bike with a huge battery, starter motor and push button. It was the greatest fun ever. I should have paid attention. I’d be selling everyone e bikes. :shrug:

Maybe I misunderstood TT's post but I don't think the decibel level of what I'm riding is going to make the journey any safer. The cager coming toward you, who will turn right into your path, never heard you to begin with.
I just feel commuting in a rush hour traffic downtown, which is maybe the prevalent use of the machine would be prone to lane-changers when riding on a road two up, two down. People in a hurry or looking for their destination, can and will do the unexpected. What I meant. :eek: :yikes: :shrug:

Not a bike, but I saw an ad for this on TV last night, Canadian owned electric car company SOLO , a single seat, low cost, commuter car. $18,500 gets you a very nicely engineered 3 Wheel car with a full cage construction and crumple zones, air conditioning , a comfortable modern looking interior, and a small storage trunk. 0-80mph in 10 seconds, 80mph top speed and a 100 mile range. Can be recharged with 110 household current or fast charged with a 220 upgraded charger. Currently being produced in China, but the majority of production will shift to the U.S. after its new factory is completed in Mesa Arizona. Here is an article about the new factory being built, but it tells a lot about the company and how they got to this point,

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...o-plant-and-arizona-s-tech-manufacturing-push

They are not looking to be Tesla or BMW or any other high end electric vehicle, the are aiming at commuters, who statistically travel 40 miles or less , round trip. The company also correctly states that almost all commuting is done with only one occupant in the car.

A short video showing and describing the car,

Thoughts? @MaxPete has this company popped up on your radar before?

100 mile range, yes. But, how long will it sit in a traffic jam with the air conditioning running? I'd feel less safe in Atlanta traffic in that thing than I do on a motorcycle and I do no feel at all safe on a motorcycle in that mess. My own commute is changing as my office is moving. The move adds three miles to my commute. At the same time it adds 45 minutes in each direction due traffic.

Kinda cool. I'll assume 3 wheels to avoid auto regulations. As always packaging/layout just works better with 4 wheels.
Wanna be cautious, cuz it seems like three wheel vehicle makers and financial chicanery go hand in hand.

Hey Bob you hearing anything about lithium batteries and Phoenix heat? I know Prius' batteries suffered in extreme parking lot heat.

I'll assume 3 wheels to avoid auto regulations.

Maybe, they did say it will license as a motorcycle, if you can believe that.

Hey Bob you hearing anything about lithium batteries and Phoenix heat? I know Prius' batteries suffered in extreme parking lot heat.

I haven’t read anything about it, and I don’t personally know anyone with a Hybrid.

Back