Anyone else thinking of finding, buying an electric bike?

lacks air bags. (Motorcycles are not required to have them, and the Solo exploits that loophole.)
No mention of heat or defrost........................
Overall, info is rather thin, but they'll take your $250 deposit.

lacks air bags. (Motorcycles are not required to have them, and the Solo exploits that loophole.)
Does have crumple zones and 3 point harness though.... more than a bike, less than a car.
No mention of heat or defrost........................
Was designed in Canada, eh? :rolleyes: ...Has heated mirrors.... heated seat.... liquid cooled motor.... the perfect medium to provide interior heat without taxing the battery...eh?
'sides... heat and defrost is pretty much a given nowadays.
Overall, info is rather thin, but they'll take your $250 deposit.
More info there than you think... I think. :sneaky:
They'll also give it back if you change your mind.

• Up to 100 mile range
  • Top speed 80mph
  • Composite Monocoque Chassis
  • 0-60mph < 12 seconds
  • Rear Wheel Drive
  • Synchronous Motor
  • 56 HP Liquid Cooled Motor
  • 103 ft-lbs Torque
  • 3-wheel power disc brakes
    • Air Conditioning
    • Heated Seat
    • Bluetooth Entertainment System W/ USB
    • LCD Digital Instrument Cluster
    • Remote Keyless Entry
    • 5 cubic ft cargo space
    • Electronic Parking Brake
    • Collapsible steering column
    • Three point seat belt system
      • LED Headlights/Daytime Running Lights
      • Power Disc Brakes
      • Front/Rear Crumple Zones
      • Triple Reinforced Steel Side Impact Protection
      • High Strength Steel Halo Rollbar
      • Torque Limiting Stability Control
      • Backup Camera

Last edited:
Coming soon from the same guys...
EV retro roadster. Reserve yours now. :sneaky:

Untitled.png

Does have crumple zones and 3 point harness though.... more than a bike, less than a car.

Was designed in Canada, eh? :rolleyes: ...Has heated mirrors.... heated seat.... liquid cooled motor.... the perfect medium to provide interior heat without taxing the battery...eh?
'sides... heat and defrost is pretty much a given nowadays.

More info there than you think... I think. :sneaky:
They'll also give it back if you change your mind.

• Up to 100 mile range
  • Top speed 80mph
  • 0-60mph < 12 seconds
  • Rear Wheel Drive
  • Synchronous Motor
  • 56 HP Liquid Cooled Motor
  • 103 ft-lbs Torque
  • 3-wheel power disc brakes
    • Air Conditioning
    • Heated Seat
    • Bluetooth Entertainment System W/ USB
    • LCD Digital Instrument Cluster
    • Remote Keyless Entry
    • 5 cubic ft cargo space
    • Electronic Parking Brake
    • Three point seat belt system
      • LED Headlights/Daytime Running Lights
      • Power Disc Brakes
      • Front/Rear Crumple Zones
      • Triple Reinforced Steel Side Impact Protection
      • High Strength Steel Halo Rollbar
      • Torque Limiting Stability Control
      • Backup Camera
drive/transmission/battery specs? a body off view of the chassis?
Inquiring minds. ;^)

Harleys Livewire is not dead! They have spun off into their own brand, still sold through Harley dealers. As soon as they did that they dropped the price from $30,000 to $22,000, wooo! :p But the real news is they have partnered with some deep pocket investment firm and Kymco, the Asian scooter monster, and they are developing a whole line of bikes built to different sizes, applications and prices. For now, anyways, they have designed a scalable basic architecture that could be used across the board. Interesting…….stay tuned.:whistle:
1DEC67B0-4C78-4367-B0EA-0DE4079E6889.jpeg
54DD83C9-038B-4CE3-90A5-A4DB6664E8CA.jpeg

A concept illustration,
7051ED0F-0B11-4E51-9ED7-0953889BE09F.jpeg

Apparently I'm not the only skeptic

I have no idea whether this car will succeed or fail, or once they are released if they will be reviewed favorably. I have read some reviews of road tests from pre release models , which as you know are subject to change, and they are all pretty consistent. The main criticisms I have read are , they are not fast, the ride is stiff ( both of those attributes apply to my Fiat as well), the interior has been called cramped by those over 6’ tall. But most of the comments I have read are positive and I think the engineering from what I can see is pretty impressive and I just thought it was an interesting idea which has made it much further than the planning stages. They are in actual production now in China and they have made a substantial investment in building a new factory in Arizona, which will then be their primary assembly plant. And I also read an article that said even though they have laid out a ton of money , with no return on investment yet, that as if 2021 they still had deep cash reserves.

Harleys Livewire is not dead! They have spun off into their own brand, still sold through Harley dealers. As soon as they did that they dropped the price from $30,000 to $22,000, wooo! :p But the real news is they have partnered with some deep pocket investment firm and Kymco, the Asian scooter monster, and they are developing a whole line of bikes built to different sizes, applications and prices. For now, anyways, they have designed a scalable basic architecture that could be used across the board. Interesting…….stay tuned.:whistle:
View attachment 203588View attachment 203589

A concept illustration,
View attachment 203590
You can buy into the company.
https://advrider.com/harley-taking-...utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=12_21_2021

Unfortunately if the Livewire brand is going to survive it won't be based on sales of their big "flagship" model but on smaller urban commuters and knockabouts

I say unfortunately because HD has obviously put LOTS of money and effort into that model that they've now been flogging at the public for a few years now without success. It's been plagued by problems, spontaneous combustion being the most extreme. Dropping the retail price by 33% almost makes it a loss leader.
HD marketing has been missing the mark for over 20 years. In the mid 90's they decided to develop a road going model based on their only moderately successful VR1000 superbike, the V-Rod. While it has a cult following HD never figured out how to capitalize on the engines virtues and reach out for alternative markets. Instead they tried in vain to cater to their "hankie head" followers who are perfectly happy to stay with air cooled 45° V-twins.
I own a V-Rod and love it but realize that styling wise it's not every ones cup of tea. While out on rides I've met so many that have commented to me that wouldn't consider buying a typical HD but "IF" HD had put that engine in a sports touring platform it would have been something they consider against their RT BMW, Yam FJR, Honda ST or other of the type.
It was a great engine packaged in Buck Rogers styling that was too heavy and improper chassis geometry to be a good sporting mount. So after only 15 years of flogging a dead horse they just dropped the model.
That's been followed by their smaller XG based water cooled Street twins, 500 and 750 that they almost can't give away and haven't been able to make it win on the race track against the Indian FTR.
So then we have the Livewire, which has been around in peek-a-boo images, and proto type models as long as the XG twins. Again, they can't get people to but them, can't afford to be rid of them so they've put it our there as it's own stand alone brand, just as they did with Buell, to sink or swim and not be as much a detriment to HD stock proper if it fails.
Yeah forgot to mention the money they invested in Buell, contracting Rotax to design and build them a new 75° V-twin that only lasted two model years before they shut it down.
The big Livewire is a bike without a market, that has already left a bad taste in the mouths of many. If they can't make it with the smaller platform models they're toast and HD keeps churning out air cooled v-twins and praying their new Revolution X models will save them.

Unfortunately if the Livewire brand is going to survive it won't be based on sales of their big "flagship" model but on smaller urban commuters and knockabouts

I would agree, I think the future will be small, more affordable rather utilitarian electric motorcycles. The big original Livewire bike is almost like the way the Dodge Viper was a statement piece for Dodge. They mostly decorate the garages of well heeled collectors. To sell anything in volume it has to be financially within reach of the average Joe.

Back