New XS Brat Build -- Counterbalance Motorcycles

Yeah love that tank. And when I picture a brat bike, That's the picture that comes to mind. Sick as F***.. Those look like 23" up front.

Looking good! What Primer did you use on the lower fork legs... Any thing special?
I'm going with painted fram too... alot cheaper and easy to touch up when I need a new bracket for something ect... Quality wize the stock paint is crap and the bike is still here so a fairly good paint will do just fine on the frame in my opinion.

No special primer... just the two part from the paint shop that you mix with thinner... Sprays nicely... then a few coats of sherwin williams black, and a couple coats of two part clear... comes out nice...

At some point im going to look at a good single stage black that i can spray without clear... but thats further down the road somewhere...

More progress... Just some more paint and some more assembly...

Realized i forgot to order new plug wires and new chain... But those can both wait until last minute...

Gonna start painting the tank and fender soon.. that should be interesting...

xs+Brat+Pegs+001.jpg

xs+Brat+Motor+003.jpg

xs+Brat+Motor+002.jpg

Xs+Brat+Motor+001.jpg

Xs+Brat+001.jpg

xs+Brat+004.jpg

Grimace+Cat+Funny+01.jpg

And one of my shop cat.

Got some time in the last couple days to tackle cleaning up the wiring and getting the tins primed. Spent some time sanding the tins and it looks like one more coat and another sand and it should be ready for color and candy... woot.

Brat+xs+650+003.jpg

Brat+xs+650+001.jpg

Brat+xs+650+002.jpg

Brat+xs+650+006.jpg

brat+xs+650+007.jpg

Brat+xs+650+005.jpg

Shop+20015.jpg

Shop+20013.jpg

Haha... thanks.. I can get pretty lazy too... anytime there is a nice day outside i remember what summer is like and get turnin wrenches... want to be riding this up to boston for a ride in the beginning of april...

Love the photos. What kind of camera are you using? My Iphone pics aren't cutting it. Btw I like how the sissy bar lines up with the angle of the bars.

Nice and clean! Th sissy kicks ass wouldn't hav a bobber looking bike with out at least a little short one.... but bigger is better....LOL.
Great work and good progress! Nice stable too!

Im just running some of the 11.5" shocks... but i think i cut a little out of the springs... to make them sit just a hair lower in the rear... The forks are probably lowered about 2"... and I just recently hiked them up in the trees about another .5"...

Haha... the bars arent made for comfort.

Got my tax return and sold a couple of custom seats. Finally can afford the paint to finish this damn thing...

Was in the shop grinding the fingers down all weekend. Few snaps. This is my first time doing any kind of metal flake/candy/or lace. Bear with me...

Xs+650+Flake+Paint+10005.jpg

Xs+650+Flake+Paint+10006.jpg

Xs+650+Flake+Paint+10007.jpg

Xs+650+Flake+Paint+10008.jpg

Xs+650+Flake+Paint+10009.jpg

Jdizon... Didn't see ur comment at first... Using a Nikon d90 cam.... Works out pretty good.... You can get pretty good stuff with them.... I would love to spring or a pro but by in the cards right now...

Started the clear an hour or so ago.... 3 down... About 12 to go hahaha

Nice choice in cameras! I used to havea d40 way back when.. Now I'm stuck to my Iphone lol!

Damn man... Those tins look f*ckin sweet already. Can't wait to see how they turnout.

Jdizon... Didn't see ur comment at first... Using a Nikon d90 cam.... Works out pretty good.... You can get pretty good stuff with them.... I would love to spring or a pro but by in the cards right now...

Started the clear an hour or so ago.... 3 down... About 12 to go hahaha

Hey man very awesome build. Would you mind showing some close ups of the electronics/oil box? I'm looking for some ideas for my box. Thanks

Hey Johan, adding you to my instagram holmes.

CounterBalance, build is looking pretty great man. You should be proud! Also, really good to see another flaker on here.

Back