Selling a bike - Soft VIN Lab report?

I'm looking to sell my 2018 Hyundai Ionic (22,000 miles on it) this spring for $20,000+ and it will be a cash only sale but I'm honestly thinking to have them meet me at the bank and run the $100's through the machine there
It gets to be where there's shitty people every where
Or if the dealer will give me a decent price I'll go that route and not have to hassle with any of the hassle

You're a trusting dude Gary.......while we're swapping stories....

I got this lead online with some pics; some wheeler dealer in WI (no it's not Mach IV), made a deal and got a text pic of a title, he's on some multi-state run through the south with multiple bikes, so we agree to meet somewhere in KY to swap machine and money (cash). So now we're working those logistics; I say pick a hotel and I'll meet ya there, well, he don't do hotels - just rest areas when needed. So I get a hotel in Bowling Green and tell him to wake me up when he gets there (ETA 2am to 9am Monday 10/3). Oh yeah, the tins aren't currently with the bike and promised later (some painter in MO has them).

I'll report back....:laughing:

You're a trusting dude Gary.......while we're swapping stories....

I got this lead online with some pics; some wheeler dealer in WI (no it's not Mach IV), made a deal and got a text pic of a title, he's on some multi-state run through the south with multiple bikes, so we agree to meet somewhere in KY to swap machine and money (cash). So now we're working those logistics; I say pick a hotel and I'll meet ya there, well, he don't do hotels - just rest areas when needed. So I get a hotel in Bowling Green and tell him to wake me up when he gets there (ETA 2am to 9am Monday 10/3). Oh yeah, the tins aren't currently with the bike and promised later (some painter in MO has them).

I'll report back....:laughing:

Sounds like a C&B story, good luck with that!
Made it:D;)
20221003_175304.jpg

Attachments

• 20221003_175304.jpg
    20221003_175304.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 35
Niche bikes like XS, early CB or Kawa triples make it easy to detect a scam while talking/texting an owner. I do not do a lot of purchase/sale but FCFS means something. I try to remember to put Face to Face cash only in my ads and as is where is.

Back