JesseeS Build Thread

Don't know...........
Jesse XS.png

Dux nutz............

side cover looks a bit lonely without a stripe

View attachment 218928
I agree, I just wasn’t sure how I wanted to go about it and decided to hold off before I made a decision and wasn’t happy with it. Figured I could always call Jim and we can figure that out down the line. For now I’ll just enjoy the Purple showing off

Not a huge fan of tan/brown seats.... but with that candy purple.... might be just the ticket to set it off?
Definitely going to be something to think about. Figured I’m close to Wes and I may be able to swing by and see the color in person, maybe bring a tin and try to eyeball it. I really wanted to keep it black, but the brown pulls me.

Got a surprise delivery today. My front wheel from Cognito Moto. I forgot to order an OEM bearing spacer so that’s been placed. The tube and rim strip should be in Wednesday and can get the tire installed after that. The hub and rim are a great looking piece. Really happy I went with it.
1BC31DD4-2FC7-42C0-8871-B0EB880721F4.png

Just wanted to update with some pics. It’s the first time the bikes been out of the garage since I moved into the house almost 2 years ago. I’m still waiting for my headlight brackets (typical) and my seat is of the finest quality, But I needed to see how she looked in the sun. The color is really mind blowing. Even at ~10ft it looks black, and you only see purple when you get on top of it in certain angles. I personally think the back end needs to be raised slightly, so may go with Thruxton shocks. Also looking at what would be the seat cowl, I think it’s too sharp edged (if you get what I’m saying). The tank is more rounded and flowing and I think the seat cowl needs to come further to me/the tank and gently round off to the back vs being quite angled like now. I’m open to all comments, critiques and suggestions. Very happy with how it’s coming so far but still a ways to go

A81E1214-6A3C-4000-ABDB-5F308A4AF77D.jpeg

FCB63A16-67F5-4C35-9B69-0306E76C455D.jpeg

A13F0EFD-4AA2-46F5-A270-713063509941.jpeg

1A4C2C1B-7F10-4276-9CF9-489541F5D255.jpeg

Are you going to lace a stock rear brake to match the front wheel, or was there another plan?
I’m not going with a stock rear but Cognito Moto (who made my front wheel) makes a rear disc conversion hub/wheel that will match the front so both front and rear will be 18” and laced

Just wanted to update with some pics. It’s the first time the bikes been out of the garage since I moved into the house almost 2 years ago. I’m still waiting for my headlight brackets (typical) and my seat is of the finest quality, But I needed to see how she looked in the sun. The color is really mind blowing. Even at ~10ft it looks black, and you only see purple when you get on top of it in certain angles. I personally think the back end needs to be raised slightly, so may go with Thruxton shocks. Also looking at what would be the seat cowl, I think it’s too sharp edged (if you get what I’m saying). The tank is more rounded and flowing and I think the seat cowl needs to come further to me/the tank and gently round off to the back vs being quite angled like now. I’m open to all comments, critiques and suggestions. Very happy with how it’s coming so far but still a ways to go

View attachment 219536
View attachment 219537
View attachment 219538
View attachment 219539

Can’t say I’ve ever seen a gsxr front end on an XS that I thought looked good. They usually look too big, bulky and just don’t look like a step backwards in my eyes.

This set up looks good though. Maybe cause it’s black??? Not sure. But it looks proportional. 👍👍

I think it’s too sharp edged (if you get what I’m saying). The tank is more rounded and flowing and I think the seat cowl needs to come further to me/the tank and gently round off to the back vs being quite angled like now. I’m open to all comments, critiques and suggestions.
I think I'd be tempted to find an old Special tank, cut the back off it and use that as the basis for a cowl. Could be spread open/closed... tilted... whatever it takes. Talk about flowing aesthetically.
Since it's got a pretty good drop at the end, tail/brake lights could be molded in.

If you like that idea... I've got plenty of Special tanks. I could cut one off, send it to you and go back and forth 'till it's a painted product ready for mounting.

Bike is looking gorgeous Jesse!
That front end looks sharp. Beefy.
The spoked wheel and discs are gorgeous.
Can't wait to see the rear wheel as well as how you fine tune the seat cowl.
Just a really nice sharp bike.
I thought my R6 forks looked too big and bulky on my frame but yours has the look I had been hoping for. Perhaps as WideAWAKE said it is due to being painted. Those inverted forks are perhaps part of the reason as well. My R6 forks are stock style. It is great to see your vision becoming reality.

Re: the cowl; I don't know how much seat room you can give up. The existing loop means the real estate must come from that area. I don't usually like stubby cowls (CR750 Honda,etc.) but I like the look on yours (as mocked). Don't know if it flows on yours, but attached CB500 cowl is a stunner.
CB500FOUR DC -004.jpg

Attachments

• 5e3170724ded3e6b3e9e2b9fdbf0f466.jpg
    5e3170724ded3e6b3e9e2b9fdbf0f466.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 63
T
Re: the cowl; I don't know how much seat room you can give up. The existing loop means the real estate must come from that area. I don't usually like stubby cowls (CR750 Honda,etc.) but I like the look on yours (as mocked). Don't know if it flows on yours, but attached CB500 cowl is a stunner.View attachment 219541
That 500 is gorgeous!

Thank you everybody! I’m glad the bike can pull off the front forks because they feel good and the brakes are dynamite just rolling and hitting the lever. @Jim you just HAD to go and suggest that, because now my mind is running wild. Expect a PM shortly to discuss

Back