May 5th – 8th, 2022 Ozarks Rally VI, Mountain View, Arkansas.

Made my reservations. Sorry I will be showing up on my 800 Triumph.
Awesome!
I asked my wife if she wanted to do a mother's day trip this year. She asked "where"? I said the "Ozarks". She asked "why". I said "an XS650 gathering" She said "have fun".
I have a line on a trailer, just need to find a decent tank bag that won't damage the paint.
LOL. I use a microfiber rag under my magnetic tank bag. Works fine

I asked my wife if she wanted to do a mother's day trip this year. She asked "where"? I said the "Ozarks". She asked "why". I said "an XS650 gathering" She said "have fun".
I have a line on a trailer, just need to find a decent tank bag that won't damage the paint.
It’s our 45th anniversary and the wife said could still go. She’s a keeper.

I contacted the Ozark Folk Center State Park and the kind lady said they do not have bungalows They have single, double and suites. Am I mistaken? I called the 8702693851 number.
We're having an XS650 rally. Who's in? I've been to this event several times and never failed to have a good time.

In the day we ride after breakfast. We dine together in the evening, followed be bench racing at the Folk Center.

Daily rides around one of the best riding region in the USA. Rally headquarters at the Ozark Folk Center State Parkin Mountain View, AR. Great food, bench racing and the best group of lunatics ever assembled! We usually have meals together but everybody’s welcome to do their own thing. Mountain View is in a dry county so bring your adult beverage of choice. It helps during overnight transmission replacements.

Book your rooms by calling 1-870-269-3851 & choose #2 to get a “real person”. Use the Active Group #502013 to book your room. There are 2 rooms per bungalow and the Park has reserved a set of bungalows for us. Members are responsible for their own travel arrangements. For more information email John Chaves. jchaves@xs650society.com.

I contacted the Ozark Folk Center State Park and the kind lady said they do not have bungalows They have single, double and suites. Am I mistaken? I called the 8702693851 number.
Each bungalow is split into 2 rooms so, just reserve a room.
FDE2E303-C50E-4594-9FF0-0C31F613691A.jpeg

Nobody drinks Old Milwaukee Light, man
Reminds me when I was much much younger my friends and I would congregate at this lake out in the middle of an orange grove. Had a rope swing. clear blue water and babes in bikinis.
We had a 30 gal drum loaded with an ice and water slush. Everyone would bring their drink of choice and drop it in the tub. We had epic parties at that spot all summer long. One evening as the party was winding down I was sitting on the tailgate of a truck with a friend and we saw saw our buddy Derek (better known as Derelict) reach into the tub and pull out his Pabst Blue Ribbon. His complete unmolested intact six pack. He took the six pack to his truck. What struck us is that D had been bringing a six pack of PBR to these gatherings ever time. We thought back through the day and realized we had seen D with a Heineken, with a Michelob, with some Buds... but no PBR's. My friend looked at me and I looked at him and we just laughed as we realized what was going on.
My guess is that one six pack took him through the entire summer. Of course we called him out on it; that's what friends do. He more than made amends. Not that there were really any amends to be made. Nobody cared... We just appreciated the laughs we got from it. Good times.

Wondering if we have a count on the attendance for this year. I'm still in.
Sans bike. But down for some breakfast, some dinners and some good old stories.

Last edited:
You are right. The Ozark Rally is well worth going to. However you get there does not really matter. It's a very nice place to stay, roads are great. I really envy the roads and scenery there. John Chavez does a excellent job of planning a route each day. If you go and don't have fun you probably can't have fun.
My plan is to ride there from home again because I enjoy the trip and the challange of the trip. I will not ride with the main group because the pace is more than I am comfortable with. Doesn't mean I will enjoy riding the roads any less than they do.
It's a great part of the country with a lot of things to see. I recommend if you can GO you will be glad you did.
I hear you about the pace of some cruises. In my car club and local bike cruises I tend to be one of the last people in the group. I don’t mind a short term burst of speed but to run consistently 15+ mph over the speed limit is not enjoyable for me (I value my licence and insurance costs too much). I just tell my friends I’ll catch up with them at the next stop. Usually between rest stops, the “fast pack” gets there a few minutes before I arrive.

This rally seems like a blast but too far for this “Northerner”. Hopefully I will be able to participate in some of these events in the future, before my old bones tell me no way.

Have a great Rally and post lots of pics and videos.

Back