The reconstruction begins 1977 (Surprise)

Those bulbs might work for your tail brake light if they are red or white.
Always check that the brightness between tail and brake is pronounced or don't use them..

I have a torque wrench adapter like the one you broke but don't use it as a torque wrench, I use it to test the calibration on my collection of clicker torque wrenches. Most of these were bought used off eBay for a song. They are good brand names that retail for 2 to $300. On eBay, you can find them used for $20 to $30 usually. But, being used, I like/want to check their calibration and accuracy when I get one. Most have been good but I have had to re-calibrate a few.

Since torque wrenches are most accurate in the middle of their scale, it's best to have a few that cover different ranges. You'll want a small in/lb one for the M6 fasteners. I find I use this one the most. Then you'll want one that goes from about 15 to 75 ft/lbs. This will cover the majority of fasteners on the bike. And finally, you'll need a big one that goes from around 40 or 50 up to 150 or 200 ft/lbs. You'll use this for things like the axles and the countershaft sprocket nut. This is one of my favs, a little 30-200 in/lb MAC .....

MacTW4200A-3.jpg

MacTW4200A.jpg

But most of my wrenches are the Utica brand. What I like about them, besides how nice they operate, is they are pretty simple to re-calibrate if need be .....

UticaTCI-150RA.jpg

I'll have to do a little digging around
Thanks !!

Not really an update on the reconstruction of the bike but of me
I have in the past I only had the cheap just general liability insurance cause I thought if I total the bike it's not a big deal for me I'll just get another
Well with just basic liability it covers the other driver medical etc.
But there is no personal injury protection (PIP )for me on the bike
On my auto coverage PIP is included in the price cause MN is a no fault state
According to the state of MN and the NO fault provision a motorcycle is not a motorized vehicle :yikes: so no automatic PIP coverage
Did the state legislature forget that the bike is titled as a motorized vehicle and I have to have minimum coverage just to drive it on the road
So with no medical through the bike insurance I have to slide under wire so to speak to get my medical bills covered through my heath insurance (shhhh don't tell them )
I have racked up over $200,000 and counting so far
As long as your reading this check this out I called my bike ins. co. ( Progressive Ins. )to get PIP coverage and they gladly sold it too me but the coverage is only to a maximum of $25'000 and that don't get you too far today
Oh and I'm moving right along on the bike and just got my replacement torque guage so I can finish up the last few bolts:bike:
You get extra credit if you read all of this and you can all go home early :cheers:
Class dissmissed thank you
Mikey

I have in the past I only had the cheap just general liability insurance cause I thought if I total the bike it's not a big deal for me I'll just get another
According to the state of MN and the NO fault provision a motorcycle is not a motorized vehicle :yikes: so no automatic PIP coverage
Did the state legislature forget that the bike is titled as a motorized vehicle and I have to have minimum coverage just to drive it on the road
So with no medical through the bike insurance I have to slide under wire so to speak to get my medical bills covered through my heath insurance (shhhh don't tell them )
As long as your reading this check this out I called my bike ins. co. ( Progressive Ins. )to get PIP coverage and they gladly sold it too me but the coverage is only to a maximum of $25'000 and that don't get you too far today
Oh and I'm moving right along on the bike and just got my replacement torque guage so I can finish up the last few bolts:bike:
You get extra credit if you read all of this and you can all go home early :cheers:
Mikey
Thank god we still have the NHS.
when it works its great…….. but it’s pretty broken these days.:mad:

Mikey
So anybody that was there at my accidental suicide attempt I got off the bike and fell REALLY hard OK

ok simple question I'm tightening up the bolts that hold the fork on and they are 8mm and from looking at the torque chart I have know idea of what there called as far as the chart goes
And the 8mm torque values are different depending on area is there just a simple rule for 8mm bolts going into steel 12.5 or something like that

Attachments

• 20230817_162725.jpg
    20230817_162725.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 38
  • torque specs.png
    torque specs.png
    559.3 KB · Views: 38
ID'd on the chart as crown handle (triple tree) and inner (fork) tube
The crown handle confused me which made me not see the words inner fork tube 5.8-9lbs
Thanks !!!
edi:t so the upper bolt with crown nut is called the crown handle and handle holder upper
I know easily confused

Last edited:
I went into YouTube and edited my video of the boys all offering me encouragement while I was in the hospital in AR
You guys went out of your way to make me feel wanted Thanks a lot guys :laughing:
YouTube had it listed as adult content but I changed the title and it should now work

Glad your up and running, so to speak. We have medicare over here. Pay an amount relating to income, think mine was around 800 last time and it is added and worked out on the yearly Tax bill.

Falling off the bike hard can obviously hurt and cost a lot of money. Insurence companies these days do social media searches, so any thing that could be misinterpreted by them, i wouldn't like to have posted anywhere they could find, like pics, threads and such. Never know with them, only a suspicion is enough for them to look for a reason to save themselves money.

Thanks for the info
Do you need to meet a certain deductible before coverage kicks in ( Like $2000 per year )

Thanks for the info
Do you need to meet a certain deductible before coverage kicks in ( Like $2000 per year )

Nope, now i have reached the retirement age my medication has dropped from $40.00 pm to $10pm on one scrip. Doctor used to cost $80 per visit but with Govt medicare we get a medicare rebate of $42. Now the doc charges, (age care), $70 and still a $42 rebate. The rebate is from the Medicare system. If i went straight to a hospital with symptoms they will see you (and admit if necessary), and diagnose and give you an amount of scrips at no cost till you can get to a pharmacy to get a prescription filled.

I was having back spasms and couldn't move. An ambulance was called, went to hospital till it settled down with medication. No charge

Last edited:
It doesn't sound to bad
Can you see a doctor fairly quickly ?

No there is a Dr shortage, especially in regional areas. To get my prescriptions renewed I had to wait 2 weeks to see the doc. Was having chest pains, went to the hospital, admited straight away and put up for observation with blood tests. If an emergency, or have no money or just plain cheap, (and don't mind waiting if not urgent), go to the hospital at no cost.

Back