What does it mean???

prob gears, may have been a little rachety sounding. not really a clank or a breaking point though. just decided not to start the bike anymore. all you hear is the whining of an electric motor.

YamaHopper
XS650 Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys:
thanks thats what figured, just wanted to verify. I recently had other issues that I thought I had resolved. was runnin great for about 2 days. decided to change the fuel filters because the ones I had (the squared ones from MikesXS) started to leak after about a year. Seems like the fuel kinda melted or atleast softened the plastic barbs. anyway, changed the fuel filters and now I can't get her runnin again. but fuel is definately flowing through them. I just adjusted cam chain, set points and timing, reset valve clearances, cleaned up kill switch. My last issue is in thread:
"What does it mean???"

I'm just so damn Frustrated!

You adjust to much stuff at once. Slow down and confirm operation after each operation. Check everything AGAIN! Good luck and be patiant. I was in yourboat at one time as well. You will get it sorted.

:agree:

my bike has pissed me off so much that i just drained the fuel outta the carbs and i'm gonna let it simmer for a while. it's so damn irritating.

Well,
now I find compression is @ 105psi on each side with TWO. At least there equal, right? What could make pressure so low yet do it to both sides equally? Perhaps I set valves incorrectly? Specs are .004 on intake and .006 on exhaust according to my docs. CRAP - I need to hold the slides open too don't I? (38's)

Last edited:
YamaHopper,
Stop............. take a breather for a couple of days without working on the bike...........................think about things and look at stuff, do some reading and go over what you have done and go back to the advice given you................ let things sort themselves out in your head....... make a list of things you have done and another of things that you should do in order........If you are confused about the order........... go through THIS and THIS then ask any Questions that arise. Some times you have to stop have a breather and go back to basics

Yeah I know,
I just get so.......:cussing:
...just feels like I'm so close, ya know?

I'm goin' away fishin' this weekend, maybe that'll help.

Use some starting fluid straight into the carbs. If you get a pop or it starts for a few seconds then you know you have spark and can steer towards fuel. You might also look into timing issues. Even though you have spark is it at the right time? Don't worry about the clutch until you get it running. It might be okay.

Back