1974 TX650A 27,000 miles 17/31 gearing

Attachments

• S6300131.JPG
    S6300131.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Here's my '75:
bike2.jpg

Torn down now for an engine and fork rebuild. I'll probably fabricate a bigger fender while I'm at it, this one gets me much too muddy. The antler mirrors need to go as well.

Not the clearest picture, but I like the style of your bike. Get some better photos if you can, I'd like to see some of the details.

The bike is leaning in that photo and that make it look lower than it is. It's sitting on my kitchen table right now so no photos available at the moment

It had been bobbed when I got it. I've lowered it about 3/4" in the triple trees up front, stock height in back. I'd take it lower, but I do still ride it offroad some. I rolled the stock handlebars as far down as they'll go. I have no idea where the seat came from, just an old solo seat I recovered. I've temporarily ditched the speedo and tach for a $10 bicycle speedometer from wal-mart(Good for 99mph : ) ) As you can see, I hate polishing chrome.

just stopped in to say hello , figured I'll post a couple pics of my xs I built just about 5 years ago but it never looks the same allways changing something around

Attachments

• my bike (19).jpg
    my bike (19).jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 500
  • my bike (17).jpg
    my bike (17).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 505
Here is my start of my 1978. Trying for the British look. I have Brit style mufflers and had the seat re-sculptured. I am working on the wiring with a new fuse box.( will post pictures Friday) Still a long way to go. Thanks TC

Thank you - you've just made up my mind for me to paint my fenders black.

The good part, 79 xs650 stock the way I bought it. 3293 original miles. Ugly windshield, even uglier sissy bar and luggage rack but I only paid $650 for the bike and I sold the ugly parts for $300 on e-bay so I got a low mileage original owner bike for $350... The bad part, the title was lost and it took me 6 months of red tape to get the replacement. The bike had not run in 20+ years and still had gas in the tank (I almost puked when I opened the fuel cap) Tires were dry rotted and carbs were so crusty inside I had to rebuild both, common for the 650s that sit along time. Got it running good and ordered new tires. Should be road ready soon..........BG

Attachments

• 100_9001.jpg
    100_9001.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 275
Wow, what a find! nice bike. Youd pay £170 ($300)here for a pair of spoked wheels or a frame ! You lucky git:wink2:

BG, that is identicle to my "80 G model, with the exception of the windshield&sissybar. I think mine also had about 3800 mile's on 'er when she was given to me. Same problem's as you had,too. I just went through the whole bike to ride her. Spent probably,oh,$1500-$2000 total. She had major charging issue's that got worked out after buying 3 rotor's. Bad frame to engine ground. Got almost 11000 mile's on 'er now. Maybe I'll paint the tank this year, it look's like your's. I did all the running gear & electrical so she's very dependable now. All the chrome & such cleaned up pretty good, & the Dunlop 404 tire's are pretty good,imho.

Hey I've got one of those racks and the short version of the sissy bar.

Hey pumps, I could have lived with the rack but the skyscraper sissy bar and pad were beyond ugly. I put them on e-bay hoping to get a few bucks and suddenly I had 2 guys out bidding each other. Same thing happened with the windshield...........BG

Hey pumps, I could have lived with the rack but the skyscraper sissy bar and pad were beyond ugly. I put them on e-bay hoping to get a few bucks and suddenly I had 2 guys out bidding each other. Same thing happened with the windshield...........BG

Thats cuz they are comfy :bike:

Here's my contribution via youtube. This was 2nd ride ever. Still alot of work to do, but seeing my $50 barn find running was a big step.

They are all different bikes, the wheels are heritage wheels powdercoated , as far as cheap kikker part,"dealer", i get a full 1.5 gallons out of a tank by moving the petcock back,the stock tank is rated at 1.3 not 1.1 , thought you should know that as a "dealer", you talkin shit and riding a 200 with a fuckin football gastank. Dont mean to bust your balls.

Back