Maiden voyage. Thank you everyone for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20230721_183332832.jpg
    IMG_20230721_183332832.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 85
Among a few other little things I made the brake stay today. The closer I come to finishing this bike the more I realize that most of the pics on line are pics of unfinished bikes. Everytime I look around for ideas when working on the next thing to finish my bike , I notice more bikes that originally influenced me and see that they aren't finished. I'm starting to wonder how many of them ever got finished.
Apparently you are close. Good on you. I just launched my winter project 3 weeks ago and understand your feelings. The balance of life, needs and desires shape us. I am disorganized. The "Red Bike " finally launched. Truthfully it could have been 6 weeks sooner but I over thunk each step.

Custom bikes are never finished! Most builders enjoy the process of designing, fabricating and building, I for one, am always thinking up new additions, improvements I can include in the build. For all intents and purposes, this bike is finished, but in reality it will never see the road and never be finished, that is my enjoyment..

Attachments

• 359437738_3588581628068524_4850308291941790472_n.jpg
    359437738_3588581628068524_4850308291941790472_n.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 92
Today I'm going into my workshop to work on my 'finished' bike, always something to do, always something to redesign, always something to rebuild, that is the nature of building custom bikes. Today and probably the next week or so, I'll be revisting my single points conversion, always I find a better way of doing things. next week I may revisit the eletrical harness I built, or the airfilters, or the fuel distributor, or the brakes, or some other thing I designed and built. Always, always, always, something to improve upon. but never will it see the road, not with me on it at least, it is simply my dream, my work, my reason to draw breath. As long as I draw breath I shall find something to do where I find enjoyment, that is the meaning of life!

Today I'm going into my workshop to work on my 'finished' bike, always something to do, always something to redesign, always something to rebuild, that is the nature of building custom bikes. Today and probably the next week or so, I'll be revisting my single points conversion, always I find a better way of doing things. next week I may revisit the eletrical harness I built, or the airfilters, or the fuel distributor, or the brakes, or some other thing I designed and built. Always, always, always, something to improve upon. but never will it see the road, not with me on it at least, it is simply my dream, my work, my reason to draw breath. As long as I draw breath I shall find something to do where I find enjoyment, that is the meaning of life!
Maybe I should come and give it a test ride so you can give me a post ride debrief...
I had @MU1MT1 ride my tracker when I had jetting close.

Most builders enjoy the process of designing, fabricating and building
Truer words were never spoken. This is certainly my reality when building custom stuff. The finished product, if it is ever truly finished, can sometimes be almost secondary to the enjoyment of building.

Just picked up today. There are a few things I need to do & a couple I want to do, but I'm already back in love.
View attachment 248493
Thats a beautiful "Survivor" right there. Please dont hack it up...🥰

I see it has the one year only rear drum brake/mag wheel combo, I have a nasty one of the same year I was saving for a Street Tracker, not sure I'll ever get to that one though?

Thats a beautiful "Survivor" right there. Please dont hack it up...🥰

I see it has the one year only rear drum brake/mag wheel combo, I have a nasty one of the same year I was saving for a Street Tracker, not sure I'll ever get to that one though?
I'm not planning on doing anything irreversible. I was going to cut the seat flat, but I'm thinking, now, that I'd rather save the factory foam & cover & just buy a replacement. I've ordered a set of replica Triumph T140V handlebars to replace the Buckhorns, but I'll put them & the seat back if I ever decide to sell it. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Custom bikes are never finished! Most builders enjoy the process of designing, fabricating and building, I for one, am always thinking up new additions, improvements I can include in the build. For all intents and purposes, this bike is finished, but in reality it will never see the road and never be finished, that is my enjoyment..
Excellent.

Last Saturday we got out for a great tour up island to Nanaimo area and dropped into the Suzuki/Royal Enfield dealer. My buddy Richard test rode the 650 Interceptor, and then I did, the other of us riding my TX650A. Pretty darn smooth, that RE! Along the way we stopped at the Forestry Museum in Duncan. Was it 46 Georgia asking about that place? Richard's bike is the '78 Kawi LTD 1000.

20230805_090335.jpg
20230805_132007.jpg
20230805_160540.jpg

Back