It's a repro benelli enduro tank, I'll probably be selling the tank with cap and petcock soon. Doesn't exactly sit right on the engine.

twinsarehot, I agree about it not looking a quite right. It's a cool tank but just needs to either be repositioned or used on a different project. Even just painting the big mounting tab in the front the same color as the frame would go a long way to making it look better. :twocents:

- always liked these - ty ... about the same size ... the early dt tanks look good too

jpgimg95822ov5.jpg

I put this 77 together last year. It was a basket bike and I have another on the bench that has a kitted motor. Right now I am sidetracked by a Suzi TL1000R that I am turning into a streetfighter. I hope to have both completed this spring.
DSCN6521.jpg

Crash, I Got the shocks from Mike's. They are Olins knock offs, I guess. They were really stiff at first, but I think they are 'breaking in' after 1000 miles .

dlabkeeg, That bike looks good with the springer and 21"front. :thumbsup: Is that a G&L hardtail?

whats your plans with the pick up,you going stock or lowered and chopped,me my self i like the lowered and chopped top ,keep us posted on that project to.:smoke:

As far as the truck goes, I'm still working on the chassis. Just put in a 10 bolt Chevy rear-end out of a 72 Chevelle, with a four link suspension. On the front I have a 80 Pontiac Trans Am sub frame. The four link lowered it about 4" the back, and the trans am clip lowered it 7" in the front. Truck had to be put on hold, but I needed something to work on. Haven't owed a bike since 94. So I figure it's time to get another bike. I went on the internet, and fell in love with these 650's. Here's my story on the bike. I had to get a new gas heater for my house. I get all these quotes for $2800.00, $3000.00. So, I take out a loan for 3000.00, and then they run a half off sale. I'm sitting there with $1500.00. Gods little hint to buy a bike(in my mind anyway), so I bought a 78 XS650. I hope to have everything going by march. I can honestly say I haven't been this exited since I got my first car. Just hope I don't lay it down, the first time I let that clutch go.

Here is my barn find. I was looking for a bobber project and came accross this original xs1b. It was is a barn since '82 so it needed a little tlc (battery,gas tank cleaned, and a chain). Not bad for being parked for 27 years. I was like a kid in a candy store when I threw a cap full of gas in the spark plug hole and it started up. Since then I put almost 1000 miles on it.
OK...for some reason I can't upload the pic...Pics are in the pictures section if I don't get this figured out.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,019
Back