Flexsta I have the same bike, very nice! Tell me what handlebars are they? Do you feel like you have enough height for riding position? Thanks Bruce

7639355304_42a56f6343_b.jpg

Traded a buddy of mine a nicely running GPZ550 for this little thing. Needs a bit of work but has some great parts already and will be a good foundation for a lean little scoot. Won't take much to get this one sorted.

Quite original, but I really like it. The only things I think are aftermarket are the hand grips and the highway bars. The seat has been reupholstered and the tank has been repainted. Other than that, I think she's pretty stock.

***I stand corrected. The seat is not the original style, and the shocks have also been cut to lower the bike. Sorry for the confusion.

p7270118.jpg

Last edited:
7639355304_42a56f6343_b.jpg

Traded a buddy of mine a nicely running GPZ550 for this little thing. Needs a bit of work but has some great parts already and will be a good foundation for a lean little scoot. Won't take much to get this one sorted.

Von yinzers?

Bring back the DT tank!

Nice bike Loco! Damn all of these bikes are sweet. Just shows how many ways an XS can be done. Can't wait to finish my next one:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2012-04-08 19.04.58.jpg
    2012-04-08 19.04.58.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 182
I know this is from an old post, but I'd have to agree with you. That bike looks fantastic! I'd be proud of it too, if I were you.
Here's my '79 Special, made some simple changes and it looks exactly how I wanted it; I'm hard pressed to find any bike I like to look at more than this one. -j

jw_xs650.jpg

Nice bike Loco! Damn all of these bikes are sweet. Just shows how many ways an XS can be done. Can't wait to finish my next one:thumbsup:
Thanks! I'm just glad to see that there are as many of them still around. The bikes from the 70's and 80's had some classy style to them. Let's keep them alive!

That looks amazing! Well, it fits my tastes, that is. Beautiful!

Can anyone tell us about the rear shocks on this bike? What they are? Where they can be found? They're almost as thin as struts and would be a good look for a sprung bobber or roadster if they can be adjusted to a shorter length.

This bike...THIS BIKE I like!! The owners username is "annoyed"? This cycle-on top of being my background for a long time- was the insipration for my bike

GreatXS.jpg

And this is my current work in progress.
100_0588.jpg

Nothing fancy, but great runner. 3k mi this year so far.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 182
Thanks Mr. Mharrington! I am am honored to have provided some inspiration, your bike is looking great! I love what you did with the motor paint job. Its funny looking at that pic; I don't even recognize my bike anymore because now its all greasy and sooty from a year of riding without a wash.

-jonathan

Finally got this one up & running again this week after 7 years off the road ..And the sun came out today !:eek:

Nice en Clean, looks period correct. People who have to have every nut and bolt from the factory to restore a bike are fuc.ing nuts. Ride em dont Hide em. Cool bike Mitch :thumbsup:

Here is my almost done (slowly) 1980 XS650. Only a few things left to go before teardown.

[/IMG]

Attachments

• 20120730_192553.jpg
    20120730_192553.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 2
Back